In previous posts, we have taken a look at general trends in medical device design and medical technology. What about the near term future of 2013?
In the coming year, I think we’ll see a lot of news regarding:
- Devices that attach to smart phones.
- Devices in development that incorporate flexible electronics.
- Progress in the development of energy harvesting and low-power-requirement devices.
- Increased attention to devices for elder care and for care in the home.
- Emphasis on preventative health.
- Harnessing health care data.
- Controlling devices with our thoughts.
From my perspective, technological advancement seems to be speeding up, and new technologies are becoming commercialized faster. What ramifications will this have on medical device design and development? Thoughts on that in future posts.